High-quality rugs are often implemented into a style of a room that commonly has hard surface flooring. Acting as an accessory, something soft to walk on, and protect the hard floor, rugs are something that often take plenty of abuse. When it comes to your rug, many homeowners want to know how they can ensure the rug looks good, is healthy, and is long-lasting. Today, we at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry would like to take the opportunity to share some tips on how you can reach your goals in keeping your rugs healthy, beautiful and in good condition, potentially beyond their projected lifespan.
Tips for Protecting Your Rugs
1) Avoid wearing shoes on area rug. To effectively ensure no one is wearing shoes when they walk over the rug’s surface, have you and your family get in the habit of removing shoes as you come inside at the door. This will minimize the dirt and debris that can get tracked in from outside. The backing of your rugs is frequently damaged from the dirt and particulates that work its way into the fibers. Dirt is a natural abrasive and walking on it causes a sandpaper-like effect. The less dirt, the better your rugs will be.
2) Regularly vacuum area rugs. Vacuuming is essential, even if you are applying the no-shoes rule on the rug. Dirt and dust will still settle on the surface. It is recommended that you make 2-3 passes with your vacuum and in different directions at least 2-3 times a week and more so if the rug sees a lot of traffic.
3) Spot clean area rugs and treat spills right away. Blot the accidental substance spills or tracked in substances up immediately and then clean it the surface with your favorite DIY rug cleaner or an effective rug cleaning product. The longer substances linger, the harder they are to remove, and the likelihood of staining will increase. If you see any other spots, be sure to tend them as you find them s well.
4) Protect rugs from furniture marks. Furniture legs accelerate the wear and tear of your rugs. Deep-pile rugs are especially quick to show the signs of wear quickly. Periodically, fluff the rug to breathe life back into the flattened fibers.
5) Have area rugs professionally cleaned. At the bare minimum, the rugs should be cleaned by a professional every two year, though annually is optimal. Professionals are knowledgeable about the different types of manufacturing materials and fabrics used to make the different types of rugs and how to clean them without inflicting any damage on the fibers or the rug’s backing.
Area Rug Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Arlington, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
When looking for an expert to have your rugs professionally cleaned, the specialists of Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is happy to be of assistance. We provide high-quality rug cleaning services that will clean, sanitize, and deodorize the rugs and make them vibrant, spotless, and fresh. Call Heart of Texas Chem-Dry today for your area rug cleaning services.