There is nothing more frustrating than having your newly shampooed carpets get filthy and dingy as your belongings are moved into your new home. You were looking forward to that beautiful carpet being clean and ready for you when you got all settled. Don’t let this happen to you. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry would like to share some tips to keep your carpeting protected the next time you move.
Carpet Floor Protection when Moving
1. Carpet Masking– The thing that makes carpet masks so wonderful, is the fact that they are self-adhesive. This makes this one of the most convenient options, and it is also fairly affordable.
2. Furniture Sliders– When furniture is dragged across carpet, the legs of your furniture can snag your carpet. Furniture sliders also make it very easy to move the furniture across the floor as well as protect your carpet.
3. Shoe Booties– There will most likely be numerous people going in and out of your home on move in day. Simply having them slip on some booties before they start bringing in your belongings can save your carpet from the dirt and other debris found on the bottom of shoes.
4. Rugs– You will want rugs placed at all the entryways into your home. If the rugs are wide enough that the first 4 steps will be taken on the rug, this will help remove all the junk on the bottom of everyone’s shoes.
5. Blankets & Sheets– If you don’t want to purchase carpet masking, you may want to find old blankets and sheets that you can lay down in the heavy traffic areas of your home to help protect your carpet for that day.
Prepare Carpet for Inclement Weather when Moving
When you wake up to moving day and find that the weather isn’t cooperating with you, you might need to take some extra care to keep your flooring from getting destroyed. Laying extra cardboard left over from the move on the heavy traffic areas can give you that added protection that you need. Placing a mat on the outside of the doors will give the movers somewhere to wipe and dry their feet off before entering your home as well. You can also consider having movers that help strictly outside and others that help inside the home so you don’t have to worry about the prospect of bringing the moisture into your home.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Now that move in day is over, and you are all settled into your home, don’t forget to take care of your carpets to extend their life. Getting them professionally cleaned twice a year will extend the life of your carpet, and help removed stains caused by heavy foot traffic. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry offers trained and skilled technicians with the proper equipment that can eliminate even the toughest spots and stains from your carpet. Contact us today!