In most homes, ketchup is a staple. The risk of it making contact with the carpets is especially high with many people in the household using this common condiment on many main dishes and sides. We at Heart of Texas ChemDry would like to take the opportunity to share a few options on how you can remove the ketchup from your carpeting due to the likelihood of ketchup making a stain on your carpet.
Dishwashing Soap Mixture to Remove Ketchup Stains on Carpet
1) Start by using a knife to scrape any of the remaining dry ketchup.
2) With one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid combine 2 cups of cool water.
3) Sponge it on to the stain by soaking a white cloth in this solution.
4) By blotting the ketchup stain, slowly absorb the liquid and the stain.
5) Repeat the mentioned above step until the ketchup stain has disappeared.
6) Rinse the stain with cold water to remove any cleaning solution residue.
Laundry Detergent / Ammonia Ketchup Stain Removal
1) Make certain to remove the excess ketchup with a spoon and paper towels, as soon as you find the stain. Vacuum the general area if the area is dry and the stain is old. With rubbing and scrubbing technique runs the risk of spreading out the stain and pushing it deeper in the fibers, so be sure to only blot the moist ketchup.
2) Spray the ketchup stain using a store-bought laundry pre-spray solution. To break up the stain, allow the solution to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Ensure to rinse the affected area of the carpet with warm water following the 15 to 20-minute period.
4) Dow what you can to expedite the drying with fans if possible. After it is dry, vacuum the area well. If the stain persists, to remove the stain continue following the steps below.
5) Mix 1 cup of ammonia with 4 cups warm in a spray bottle. Before use be sure they are mixed well.
6) Start by scrubbing following fair coverage of the solution is applied to the stain with a toothbrush. The spot should be damp not to over saturate. Should you have the option, after scrubbing for 10 to 15 additional seconds, use a wet/dry vacuum and extract the solution. Until excess moisture is removed, blot well.
7) Spray warm water over the affected area to rinse the ammonia solution.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
When you treat ketchup on carpets, acting fast provides the best results. The sooner it is addressed, the better the outcome will be since ketchup stains quickly. Consider hiring a professional to effectively cut the stains from the carpet in the event the ketchup stains are not successfully removed with these methods above. Professionals can beat nearly any stain with advanced equipment and premium products. Call the professionals of Heart of Texas ChemDry for your carpet cleaning needs in the Greater Dallas, Texas area and we can help with deep cleaning needs of your carpet and stubborn stains.