Keeping your home clean during the summer when your kids are out of school can be tough. Your flooring can really take a beating with the added traffic coming through your home. However, keeping your carpet clean this summer doesn’t have to be too difficult when you follow a few small steps. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about the small things you can do to keep your carpet clean this summer.
How to Keep My Carpet Clean
There are several things that you can do to make sure your carpets are protected from the messes that summer usually brings with it. Many of these stopes aren’t large ones and won’t require much effort on your part. Here are our best tips to keep your carpet clean:
– Vacuum Carpet Often: Many homeowners discount the power of vacuuming your carpet regularly. This is the best way to remove dirt, allergens and other debris from your carpet. When you are vacuuming regularly, you will help limit the amount of fine dust that starts to break down the fibers of your carpet and your carpet will look much cleaner by doing so. This is the best way to help extend the life of your carpet.
– No Shoes on Carpet: Shoes are something that has no business walking around your home. If you have problems with your feet that require you to wear shoes at all times, have a pair of shoes that you only wear when you are inside your home and one that is for wearing outside. This will help to limit the amount of dirt and debris that gets tracked into your home and on your carpet.
– Spend Time Outside to Help Stay Off Carpet: This is the best time of year to spend as much time as you can outside. When you and your family are spending more time outside, you won’t have as much foot traffic in the house and your carpet will be cleaner.
– Use Entry Doormats: Having a doormat at the entryways into your home can make a big difference in the dirt and debris that makes its way into your home. Make sure your doormat is large enough that the first few steps are taken on your rug to help clean off the bottom of feet.
– Don’t Skip Professional Carpet Cleaning: If you want to keep your carpet looking new, the best way to do that is to rely on carpet cleaning professionals to give your carpet a deep cleaning every year. This will help extend the life of your carpet and remove any deep staining that has happened.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Don’t hesitate to call on the professionals at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to help you keep your carpet looking its best this summer. We have the ability to remove even the toughest stains and odors from your carpet, leaving them looking brand new again. Call us today!