Pets can be bring joy in ways that you can’t find through any other means. They become part of your family, and you would do anything for them. However much you love your pets, they can make a mess of your home if you aren’t staying on top of things. This includes your carpet. When you have pets in your home, carpet care is going to look a little different than homes that don’t have pets in them. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to share some tips to help you care for your carpet even when you have pets in your home.
Are DIY Carpet Cleaners Any Good?
There are a couple reasons cleaning your carpet on your own when you have pets in the house isn’t a good idea. Here are the biggest problems you might encounter.
– Fumes: Many of the chemicals that are available to you when you clean your carpets on your own will leave behind harmful vapors. You wouldn’t want those vapors to have a negative impact on your health or the health of your pet.
– Residue: When you clean your carpet on your own, you are more than likely unable to get the residue left behind by the cleaner you are using completely. The residue that is left behind will further attract dirt and debris that is often found on the paws of your pets. This leaves your carpet getting dirty before it has even had a chance to dry completely.
How to Care for Carpet When You Have Pets
Luckily, there are ways that you can maintain your carpet and have pets in your home at the same time. Here are our best tips.
– Vacuum Often: The more pets you have in your home, the more often you will need to vacuum your carpet. Homes that have several pets inside will have to vacuum as often as every day to stay on top of the pet hair and dander.
– Spot Clean Carpet: If your pets are like most, you may have to clean up messes here and there. They may come inside with muddy paws or have a potty accident every now and then. The secret to keeping your carpet nice is to clean up these messes as soon as they happen.
– Professional Carpet Cleaning: It is incredibly important that you call on professional carpet cleaners to help you keep your carpet cleaned. They are able to remove stains that can be incredibly difficult to remove on your own. Professional cleaning will also remove pet hair and dander from your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If you have pets in your home, leave the carpet cleaning up to the pros at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry. We will be able to remove the most stubborn stains from your carpet. Our carpet cleaning services will leave your carpet looking and smelling great. Call us today!