The summertime is the season for a refreshing cool treat, whether you have children, or your inner child, a popsicle is often craved. You beat these stains, especially with quick action, as these little popsicle stains on your carpet are not too labor intensive, and these spots on your carpet can be unsightly and even cringe worthy. In order to remove the popsicle stains from the carpet, we at Heart of Texas ChemDry would like to take the opportunity to list a couple of methods you can choose from.
Special Note: In order to ensure the color or integrity of the carpet is not compromised, it is always recommended you do a patch test in an inconspicuous location, no matter if you use any of the below homemade remedies or a store-bought carpet cleaner.
Method 1 – Oxi-Clean to Get Stains Out of Carpet
Never skip the patch test, and if you choose to use Oxi-Clean, avoid using Oxi-clean with bleach as that can potentially lighten your carpet. You can scale according to the size of the squirt bottle if necessary. Combine ½ cup Oxi-clean 16 oz. water in a squirt bottle. Make sure to use white cloths, paper towels, and a towel.
1) In a spray bottle, mx ½ cup Oxi-clean and 16 oz. water and shake well.
2) Let it sit on the surface for 5-15 minutes after you apply the mixture to the affected areas.
3) Blot the area, after you lightly mist the area with pure water or use a damp a cloth. Make certain to rinse the cloth as needed or use a fresh cloth.
4) Blot the remaining moisture from the carpet by using a clean, dry towel to blot with more pressure.
5) After the carpet is completely dry, vacuum the area to relax the fibers.
Method 2 – Hydrogen Peroxide to Take Out Stains in Carpet
Gather a few paper towels, cloths, and one towel, ensure they are plain white, or you risk transferring dye or print onto carpet. Combine equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle. Use it at your own risk and do not skip the patch test since peroxide has the ability to lighten color and though it is diluted water and should not impact the carpets.
1) Add equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle and shake well. Make sure to leave enough room in the bottle to allow the fizz reaction to occur.
2) Being careful to not oversaturate the carpet, only lightly mist the area so the surface is damp. Allow the mixture sit for about 10-15 min for minor popsicle spots, no more than 30 minutes for larger stains.
3) To lightly moisten the inflicted area, use a spray bottle to mildly mist plain water on the spot or use a damp cloth. The stain should be noticeably lighter.
4) Blot the excess moisture out along with the popsicle residues using a white cloth. Rinse the cloth out or use a new one if the cloth becomes over encumbered with popsicle.
5) Use a white, dry towel by blotting the moisture out to dry the treated area. Vacuum the area to return the fibers back to their natural texture after the area is fully dried.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Call Heart of Texas ChemDry and let our professionals combat the stubborn stains to restore them to their beauty if you are still having a challenge removing the popsicle stains or any other stains for that matter.