Moving can be an exciting time as you anticipate the possibilities of a new place and all that it offers. As exciting as it is, it can be stressful as well. There are so many things that need to be packed up and carefully moved, a new house that needs to be ready, and you may be trying to get a deposit back or trying to sell the home you are currently in. The last thing you are probably thinking about is the carpet. However, if you aren’t careful with the carpet, you may find that you have carpet that is ruined when the move is all said and done. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry LLC is here to share some tips that will help offer some protection for your carpet during your move.
What Can I Use to Protect My Carpet when Moving?
The last thing you want to deal with when you are finished moving is carpet that has been seriously damaged during the process. Following are some tips that will help to protect your carpet throughout the moving process.
– Area Rugs in High Traffic Areas of Carpet: If you have any rugs that are lying around the home and you aren’t planning on moving them, they can come in handy during your move. Old rugs make a great protector for your carpet in high traffic areas. You should certainly make sure there is a rug at the entrances of the home so that shoes are wiped as they enter the house.
– Plywood Carpet Protection: Sometimes you don’t have enough rugs to cover all the high traffic areas in your home. Plywood can also act as a great tool when trying to offer your carpet some protection while moving.
– Carpet Film: You can purchase carpet film from your local hardware store to protect your carpet as well. It is made for carpet, so you don’t have to worry about the adhesive transferring onto your carpet when you pull it off either.
– Cardboard to Protect Carpet: You are more than like swimming in cardboard if you are in the middle of moving. If this is the case, any leftover cardboard can be used to also protect your carpet. Lay the boxes flat and tape them together to make the perfect surface for movers to walk all over as they take items from your home to the moving truck.
– Avoid Dragging Heavy Furniture on Carpet: It can be tempting to drag heavy items that you don’t have the ability to pick up and move. This can seriously damage your carpet though. You should always look for moving equipment like dollies and furniture sliders to help you move the heavy items.
Chem-Dry Area Rug Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If your carpet looks worse for wear after your move, you can call on Heart of Texas Chem-Dry LLC to remove even the toughest stains from your carpet. We will leave your carpet looking like new again. Call us today!