When it comes to your home, there are many things you have to check off the home maintenance checklist all the time. In fact, keeping up with the maintenance tasks in your home can seem like a full time job sometimes. However, if you want your home to be a safe place to live and your appliances to last as long as possible, it’s important that you stay on top of things. One task that you should not fail to do is to clean your dryer vent. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about your dryer vent and why it’s so important that you keep it cleaned.
How Do You Tell if Your Dryer Vent is Clogged?
When you have a dryer vent that is clogged, there will likely be several signs that give it away. You should always be aware of any of them so that you can ensure your dryer vent is kept clean. Following are the signs:
– Clothes are taking longer to dry
– Outside of the dryer is extremely hot once finished with a cycle
– You can smell something burning when dryer is running
– Your clothes take longer to dry then normal
– Clothes smell like mold or mildew once you pull them out of the dryer.
What Happens if You Don’t Clean Your Dryer Vent?
There are many reasons that you should have your dryer vent cleaned. We would like to talk about some of the reasons that make this so important.
– Dryer Vent Efficiency: When you aren’t cleaning your dryer vent, it takes longer for your dryer to completely dry your clothes. This is not only bad for the environment and your dryer because there is so much more energy used to get the job done, but also for your budget. When your dryer is working so hard to dry clothes, you will pay more in energy costs.
– Health Problems from a Clogged Dryer Vent: A dryer vent that becomes infested with mold can be a health risk. Anytime you have mold or mildew in your home, it isn’t a healthy situation. Plus, you don’t want to wear clothes that smell like mold or mildew.
– Clogged Dryer Vent Fire Risk: The lint that is found in your dryer vent is incredibly flammable. It wouldn’t take much to spark a fire. Because of the clogged vent, there is excessive heat in the dryer and the vent which makes the risk of the lint catching on fire much higher than if you were normally using your dryer with a clean vent.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Services & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If you can’t remember the last time you had your dryer vent professionally cleaned, it’s time to call on the professionals at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to ensure your dryer is getting the ventilation it needs to work properly. We have the right equipment to make sure your dryer vent is free and clear. Call us today!