When your carpet starts to get dirty you might start to fall out of love with it and you may even be experiencing sneezing or sniffling. If you choose the right products along with the right cleaning processes, you can have clean air to breath, without filling you home with toxic chemicals. You’ll fall in love with your carpet all over again! The best way to keep your carpet clean is maintenance. You’ll need to keep dirt outside, vacuum on a regular basis and take care of cleaning up stains as soon as possible. But no amount of carpet maintenance will eliminate the need to have it professionally cleaned from time to time.
Best Carpet Cleaning Methods
Hot water extraction or steam cleaning are popular ways to clean your carpets. There is also the method of dry cleaning that uses powder saturated in solvents and/or detergents. The powder is worked into the carpet by hand or with the use of a machine and then the powder, with the attached dirt, is vacuumed up. With the dry method, the carpet never gets wet and you can get back to your daily activities right away versus the wet carpet left behind with steam cleaning. The best way to get your carpets clean is to hire professionals to clean them for you. Some companies such as Heart of Texas Chem-Dry will use a new system that will bubble up the dirt with carbonated water and with this method, the use of water and cleaning chemicals are reduced.
Tips for Keeping Carpet Clean
1. Two thirds of the dust and dirt that gets into our home gets there on our feet. When you have doormats inside and outside your home, you can greatly reduce the amount of dirt tracked in. Just make sure you vacuum them regularly.
2. When you remove your shoes inside your home, you’ll do a better job at keeping dirt at bay. Have a basket at the door or a shoe rack to make it easier.
3. Use floor mats in high traffic areas to reduce wear and tear and to make your carpet last longer.
4. Clean spills up ASAP to prevent stains from becoming permanent. Use a vacuum for dry dirt and blot up wet spills with a cloth.
5. Frequent vacuuming will prevent surface dirt from getting deep into the carpet, especially in high-traffic areas. When dirt gets deep into the carpet it can be very hard to remove. Make sure your carpets have been vacuumed before deep cleaning to maximize effectiveness.
6. When deodorizing your carpets try using something natural, like baking soda, instead of buying fresheners from the store that may be laden with synthetic fragrances and other chemicals.
Green, Eco Friendly Professional Carpet Cleaning in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Check with the manufacturer of your carpet before having it cleaned and choose a company that has a commitment to keeping the environment clean. These companies should be able to offer you a MSDS (material safety data sheet) for any cleaning products they will use in your home. Contact Heart of Texas Chem-Dry for our science based method of carpet cleaning that is better than other methods. You’ll notice the difference right away and your carpets will look great!