Though dyed-colored drinks like Kool-Aid, juice and even red wines are usually the most notorious of stains, there are many beverages that can be spilled onto carpets. Beer is commonly drunk at parties, relaxing time, and other significant or insignificant activities. It is highly likely that it will spill on the carpets easily with the commonality of beer. The beer stench is obvious, and more often than not, beer spills can be undetected until the next day when the stains are found. Today, we at Heart of Texas ChemDry would like to offer a “do it yourself” method to removing beer spills from the carpet. Keep in mind, to easily remove the spilled beer from the carpet fibers, professional carpet cleaning is the most effective answer.
How Do You Get Dried Beer Stains Out of Carpet?
In order to remove beer stains and eliminate odors, follow the steps below.
1) Use a well-mixed solution of warm water with a tsp dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle to apply to the mess.
2) For about 5 minutes, leave the mixture on the stain. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing at the stain, but blot the area with clean, damp cloth. As the cloth absorbs the beer, rinse the cloth out you go.
3) Be sure rinse the area well using an old clean towel or microfiber cloth.
4) On the recently treated area, generously sprinkle baking soda.
5) Vacuum the area well in multiple directions, slowly once the baking soda to dry out the area and once dry.
Continue with the next few steps if the beer stain or smell persists.
6) Combine a cup water, and ½ tsp detergent. Blot the stain a little at a time as you sponge the solution on the area. Use a dry towel to blot in between applications until the stain is absolved, to avoid oversaturating the area.
7) To remove the solution well, sponge the treated with cold water and blot dry.
8) To help expedite the drying area, as well as to help neutralize odors, moderately sprinkle baking soda on the area.
Carpet Stain Remover Tips
When treating beer spills, and other spills as well, there are a few things to remember. Whenever possible, make certain to treat spills immediately. On an inconspicuous area of the carpet, perform a patch test with the cleaning solution you are using. You risk water damage and mold with exposure to too much liquid, so be careful not to oversaturate. In between applications, use clean towels to blot the moisture out. Be certain you do everything possible to sop up the water and expedite the drying process to ensure you avoid water damage and potential mold growth.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Call in the professionals of Heart of Texas ChemDry and let us provide a deep carpet cleaning service to renew your carpets when you need help removing the toughest stains and stubborn odors that come with beer or other sources. To ensure your carpets are cleaned well, we use advanced equipment and powerful products, our qualified professionals use their training and skills.