When it comes to carpet care, there is a whole lot of misinformation out there. It can be hard to keep all of it straight when all you want is to keep your carpet investment protected from premature wear and tear. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to share some of the most common myths about carpet cleaning to help you keep your carpet in good condition so you can get the most out of it.
Carpet Cleaning Mistakes to Avoid
There are several myths out there can make homeowners shy away from regular carpet cleaning. It is important that you can separate myth from fact when it comes to keeping your carpet as clean as possible.
– Does Carpet Cleaning Remove Anti-Stain Coating?: Many homeowners are worried that when they have their carpet professionally cleaned, that stain protector will be compromised. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Professional cleaning is actually there to enhance the anti-stain coating put on your carpet by the manufacturer. In fact, most manufacturers require that you have your carpet professionally cleaned every 12-18 months to keep the warranty intact.
– How Soon Should You Clean New Carpet?: There is a myth that you should wait as long as possible before having your new carpet cleaned for the first time. You should never wait until you see dirt on your carpet to have them cleaned. It’s like waiting for your shower to look filthy before cleaning it. Keeping a regular carpet cleaning schedule will help extend the life of your carpet.
– Does a Carpet Cleaner Wear Underlay Carpet Pad?: We have heard that people think professional carpet cleaning wears out the carpet pad. What wears out a carpet pad is the fine dirt and dust that settles on it. This will break down the carpet pad over time. Professional carpet cleaning will remove that dirt and dust and offer protection for your carpet pad.
– Does Carpet Cleaning Attract Dirt?: Some people think that carpet cleaning actually attracts more dirt than leaving your carpet alone. When people attempt to clean their carpet on their own, it can attract dirt because the equipment used by DIYers doesn’t fully remove the detergent from the carpet fibers. When carpet is professionally cleaned properly, the detergent is completely removed, and the carpet is left clean with no risk of dirt buildup. Attracting dirt is only a concern when you are using equipment to clean your carpet yourself.
– Does Cleaning Make Carpet Crunchy?: You don’t have to worry about the texture of your carpet changing with professional carpet cleaning. In fact, you need to worry about the texture of your carpet changing when you don’t have it professionally cleaned. When dirt and dust build up on the fibers of your carpet, it can leave it feeling less soft and fluffy than it does when it is clean.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If you have new carpet that you would like to offer the ultimate protection, call on the carpet cleaning professionals at Heart of Texas Chem Dry for our outstanding carpet cleaning services. Call us today!