Tile flooring is one of the most durable and low maintenance flooring choices you can have in your home. This is why so many homeowners choose it in areas that are high traffic or where water can be an issue. Even though tile flooring is low maintenance, it doesn’t mean that you don’t have to still maintain it a little. Without maintaining your tile floor, they can become dull and sustain damage. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to share some tips to help you clean your tile flooring the most effective way possible.
Routine Tile Cleaning is Important
When you perform routine cleaning on your tile flooring, you will find that you don’t get that dull film that can accumulate on the surface. While cleaning your flooring everyday may seem daunting, it isn’t quite that bad. There are some very basic cleaning techniques you can use to easily keep your tile flooring sparkling.
– Use a soft dust mop on your flooring rather than a straw broom. These brooms can leave behind scratches. The dust mop will easily remove any debris from the floor that starts to create that film. You can also use a sweeper vacuum to do the trick as well.
– Using warm water, mop your flooring once a week.
– After mopping, dry the flooring. This is where many homeowners make a mistake. When you simply leave your tile flooring wet, dirt and dust will stick to the water and they will be dirty before you ever step foot on them.
Best Way to Deep Clean Tile Floors
Even if you are vigilant in mopping your floors once a week, they can still look somewhat dirty. That’s why it is important to deep clean them once a month. This may require a little more time than your routine cleaning, but the sparkling floors will be worth it. Here are some deep cleaning tips.
– If you have stains which include grease, the best way to get rid of them is to use some dish soap. A small amount added to your water will cut through that grease.
– Another way to get rid of grease and other staining is to use ½ cup of white vinegar to every gallon of water. This cleaning solution is great at removing tough staining from your flooring as well. This happens because of the acidic qualities of the vinegar.
Tile & Grout Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Not only is cleaning your tiles important to maintain them, but you shouldn’t forget that they need to be professionally cleaned like other flooring. The grout lines in your tile flooring is incredibly porous and often require the help of the professionals at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to get them truly cleaned. We will remove even the toughest staining and get rid of any debris that is stuck in your grout. This will keep your tile flooring spotless and extend its life. Call us today!