Most people don’t want to carpet their homes more often than they have to. It is a big investment and one that you want to take your time making to ensure you have chosen the right one for your home. When asked which carpet is the most durable, it is important that you look at several different things. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about choosing a durable carpet and what you should be looking for.
What are the Main Factors that Show Carpet Quality Durability?
If it is important that you understand what makes a carpet durable in the first place when you are looking at new carpet. Here are the things that make a carpet durable.
– Carpet Fiber: Choosing the right fiber is key in getting a durable carpet. The most durable carpet fibers are made of nylon or wool. They are both extremely durable and show they can hold up in high traffic areas. While they can hold up to high traffic, they do both have their downfalls. Wool is susceptible to mold and mildew concerns because of its ability to hold water. Nylon isn’t naturally stain resistant, so you need to make sure it is treated with some sort of stain guard.
– Density: You want to pay attention to face weight and density as this will tell you how many carpet fibers per square inch is in the carpet you are picking. The more carpet fibers per square inch, the more durable it is going to be when walked on. Denser carpet will be much stronger than a carpet that isn’t nearly as dense.
– Twist Level: Figuring out the twist level of your carpet can be tricky. Many manufacturers won’t even list the twist level in the information, and it can be difficult to get it out of many salespersons. You should be looking for carpet with 7 or more twists per inch.
– Carpet Pile: The pile of your carpet can have an impact on the durability as well. You can choose between cut, looped and a combination of the two for your carpet. Looped pile or a combination of cut and looped, is going to be your most durable option. Cut pile often stars to show traffic patterns sooner.
– Carpet Color: If you have a home with pets and children, choosing a light or white carpet isn’t recommended. The lighter the carpet, the more it will show. You should be looking for a carpet that has multiple colors found throughout it to help it hold up to staining better.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If you are looking to have your carpet replaced, it is important that you care for it properly to protect your investment. At Heart of Texas Chem-Dry, we can help you maintain your carpet with our professional carpet cleaning services. We will keep your carpet in like-new condition so you can enjoy it for years. Call us today!