The last thing that might be on your mind when you’re getting ready to move is the carpet in your home. When you think of how many times movers walk in and out of your house during the moving process, it’s a lot. They can wreak havoc on your carpet if you haven’t done anything to protect it during the process. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to share tips and tricks to help you protect your carpet throughout your next move.
How Do I Protect My Carpet when Moving?
If you are planning on moving anytime soon, you want to make sure your carpet is protected during the move out as well as the move in. Following are some of our best tips and tricks to help make that happen.
– Mats & Rugs: You should never underestimate how well mats and rugs at each of the entryways into the home can help keep down dirt and debris from the bottom of shoes. Make sure people know that they need to wipe their feet off when they are entering into the house to help you move.
– Booties: You can purchase cheap booties that are worn over the top of shoes from your local hardware store. Asking those that are helping with the move to put shoe booties on when they enter the home is a great, cost effective way to help protect your carpet from all the in and out traffic.
– Carpet Masking: You can also buy carpet masking to help cover areas that see more traffic than others. These sheets of thin plastic come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They have a self adhesive back that make them extremely easy to put where you need them the most. Putting carpet masking on your carpet in high traffic areas can be a game changer.
– Sliders: If you have heavy furniture, you need to avoid dragging it across your carpet. This can cause serious damage to your carpet that cannot be undone. One way to move heavy furniture is to use furniture sliders to make the job easier all the while, protecting your carpet from damage.
– Carpet Remnants: If you have any scraps or remnants of carpet left over from the last carpet install you had, using them during your move is another great way to protect those carpets. You can simply lay them around the house in the areas that you feel you need it the most. You will all of a sudden be glad that you kept those remnants all these years.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson, Crawford & Greater Waco, Texas
If you are getting ready to move, you can turn to Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to take care of any move in/out carpet cleaning that you might need. We will help you get your deposit back and make your home ready to settle into with our carpet cleaning services. Call us today!