Your new tile and grout look great, but you will need to maintain it properly to keep it looking that way. The only problem is that it’s not as simple as it may appear to be. Tile and grout require special care to prevent staining and gradual deterioration that will occur. It can become a challenge for the average homeowner to properly clean tile and grout. Homeowners often fail to follow the correct methods in caring for tile and grout, either because they followed bad information or assumed that they could use cleaners they already have on hand. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry LLC will clear up some common myths and use the facts to keep your tile looking great for a long time.
Busting Myths About Tile & Grout Care
1. Is mopping enough to keep tile floors clean? Mopping your tile and grout is a great way to clean your tile and grout but isn’t enough to remove all the dirt and grime that settles deeply into the grout lines. Not mopping the right way can also push dirt and grime into porous grout, staining and damaging it.
2. Are regular household cleaners enough to clean tile and grout? Dish soaps and regular cleaning products can be very difficult to remove completely after they have been used to clean tile and grout. As it builds up, it can create a sticky residue.
3. Does cleaning with bleach remove hard to clean dirt? Bleach can be very effective in many situations to remove stubborn stains but not on your grout. Bleach can cause grout to deteriorate, become weak, and start to break apart. Bleach can also dull the shiny gloss on your tile surfaces.
4. Can acids safely be used on tile and grout? Even though tile is extremely durable, acid is not an effective way to remove dirt and stains from the tile and grout. Almost any acid you would use can cause damage and the porous nature of grout can be ruined with just a few applications.
5. Will a wire brush scratch tile and grout? It may be tempting to use a wire brush to remove stubborn dirt and grime build-up on your tile and grout. But using wire brushes can remove more than just dirt and grime, it may dull the surface of your tile and start removing grout too!
6. Will soaking tile and grout soften dirt and make cleaning easier? This is a great way to clean dirty dishes, but not for tile and grout. It’s not a good idea to let water and cleaning products sit on tile and grout for extended periods of time. The cleaning products actually attract more dirt when they dry and can ruin the look of your tile and grout.
Tile & Grout Cleaning Services & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
As we mentioned earlier, tile and grout need special care. For that reason, many homeowners reach out to professionals. The proper methods and professional grade products will ensure your tile and grout lasts a long time. You can trust the experts at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry LLC. Give us a call today!