There is nothing better than coming home from a long day at work to be greeted by your favorite furry friend. However, there is nothing worse than coming home from a long day of work to find that your furry friend has left you a string of messes to clean up. It’s no secret that pets can do a number on your home, especially during the training process. If you have carpet in your home, you will need to care for it differently when you have pets. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about some considerations to make when it comes to cleaning your carpet in a home with pets.
Is Carpet Cleaning Safe for Pets
Just like your kids, you wouldn’t want to put your pet in harm’s way when you are cleaning your carpet. Unfortunately, there are some cleaners out there that are simply not safe to use when you have pets and young children in your home. Here are some of the potential problems:
– Vapors: Some carpet cleaners are going to be more harsh than others. During the drying process, there are some carpet cleaners that will release airborne chemicals as they dry. This can be dangerous for all your pets and children that are in the home.
– Residue: Likewise, some cheaper carpet cleaning solutions will leave behind harmful residues as they dry on your carpet. This can lead to a number of problems like skin irritation, eye infections, respiratory problems and more.
How Do You Keep Your Carpet Clean if You have Pets?
It is necessary to take extra steps in cleaning your carpet when you have pets so that you can avoid any damage caused by them. It is important that you are doing the following:
– Professional Carpet Cleaning: When you rely on a reputable carpet cleaning company to clean your carpet, you don’t have to worry about the problems that are listed above. You know that they are using high quality equipment and cleaner to ensure your carpet is getting the deep cleaning that is needed without putting your pets in danger.
– Vacuum Carpet Often: You have to vacuum your carpet on a regular basis to keep it clean when you have pets in your home. You should be vacuuming 3-4 times a week to remove pet dander from your carpet fibers.
– Spot Clean Carpet: Your pets are bound to have accidents every now and then. You need to make sure that you’re cleaning up these messes as soon as they happen to avoid bad odors and damage to your carpet.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson, Crawford & Greater Waco, Texas
If you have pets in your home, you can leave your carpet cleaning up to the professionals at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry. We will clean your carpet thoroughly to help extend the life of your carpet and provide a safe and clean environment for those that you love most without putting your pets in danger. Call us today!