Carpets easily develop stains and many homeowners are armed with their favorite home remedy or carpet cleaner. Though candle wax is a common substance fallen on carpets, few know the best approach to remove it. Candle wax is actually a lot easier to remove than what people may initially think. With this in mind, we at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry would like to share a few options on how to remove the candle wax.
How to Remove Candle Wax with Ice & Iron
1) For a more effective removal immediate action is vital. Any stains that linger longer, even wax, makes it tougher to remove from carpets.
2) Fill ice cubes in a plastic bag.
3) Place the bag of ice on the bag until the wax has frozen.
4) Once frozen, remove the bag of ice and begin scraping the wax of the carpet with a dull edge knife or spatula. For easy cleanup, place the wax debris on a paper towel and discard the remnants.
5) Once the fragments are removed, place a brown paper bag or a clean cloth directly over the affected area of your carpet.
6) The material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet as you slowly press a warm iron on top of the paper bag or cloth. As the wax is pulled from the carpet, you may have to adjust the material to clean corners; until all the residues are removed repeat the absorption steps.
7) Use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains should any coloration from the wax reside.
Removing Candle Wax with Ice & Rubbing Alcohol
1) If the wax is hard, use a dull edge to get off the bulk, it will gradually come out of the carpet’s fibers.
2) Like in the first method, fill ices cubes into a sandwich bag and place it on the area, wait a few minutes until the wax is frozen.
3) With the use of your dull edge knife, remove any additional waxy residue that is frozen with dull edge knife.
4) With the help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum, vacuum up any remnants.
5) On a clean white cloth, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol to carefully blot out the any of the colored staining the candle wax left behind. Until the stain is removed, continue to blot the area. Be sure to blot away any residual rubbing alcohol with a clean water-damp cloth.
6) The area will need to be as dry as possible with help of a clean, white towel.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Arlington, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
These methods should be efficient to remove the candle wax from the carpet. However, if stains persist, call in the leading experts of Heart of Texas Chem-Dry and let our specialists ensure the carpets are cleaned deeply and effectively to remove the wax stains and other spots. In addition to removing the spots, the deep-rooted dirt and debris along with odors can be effectively removed. We use powerful equipment and quality products to ensure the stains are removed to result in clean, spotless, and fresh carpets. Contact us today!