The holiday season is commonly spent engaging in various traditions. From cooking, baking, crafting, wrapping, and celebrating, the holiday season is often the busiest season for many people. During the cold months and holiday gatherings, quite a few people will indulge in holiday drinks. Today, we at the Heart of Texas ChemDry would like to take the opportunity to help you remove a few common holiday beverages from your carpets.
How Do You Remove Hot Chocolate Stains from Carpet?
1) To avoid spreading the stain, work on the outskirts of the stain towards the center using a clean towel to blot up as much of the liquid as possible.
2) In order to help dilute the stain and blot again, pour a small amount of cold water onto the area.
3) Combine a tablespoon of washing-up liquid with two cups of warm water. Dampen a clean cloth with the solution and blot the residual spot.
4) Until the stain is gone, repeat.
5) Remove any soapy residue, use a towel dampened with warm water and clean.
How Do You Get Apple Cider Stains out of Carpet?
1) With the use of a clean sponge, begin the process by extracting the spilled apple cider on the affected area. If you are not careful, you must take proper caution as absorbing the spilled apple cider can cause you to spread the mess. You can proceed to the next step, after removing as much of the apple cider on the carpet.
2) To get rid of the cider stain on the carpet, combine one-part non-bleach laundry detergent with four parts of warm water.
3) Spray the solution on the stain and allow it to break it down for about 5 minutes or so. Use a clean white cloth and repeatedly blot the stained area afterwards. The cider will absorb into the cloth so you will have rinse it out periodically.
4) Until all of the stain is removed, repeat the previous step. To completely get rid of the apple cider stain on your area carpet, it can take some time but eventually you will be able.
5) The last thing that you would have to do is to rinse the area that you just cleaned after removing the stain. With some clean rags to finish off the job, pour a glass of room temperature water on the carpet and then dry the area properly.
Removing Eggnog Spills from Carpet
1) To help dilute the remaining stain left in the carpet, use cool water. Never oversaturate the carpet.
2) Remove excess moisture as you use a clean paper towel to blot the stain.
3) In a spray bottle, combine two cups warm water with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of an enzymatic laundry detergent.
4) In order to penetrate and break up the proteins in the stain, apply the mixture to the stain and allow it time.
5) Use a clean white cloth to blot the stain after 10-15 minutes.
6) Until the stain disappears, repeat the steps.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Whether you have tough stains or odors, or simply need a deep cleaning to refresh your carpets, call in the experts of Heart of Texas ChemDry and let our experts assist you!