Pet ownership is very common. When we seem to need it the most, they provide loyalty, comfort and affection. Among the few drawbacks is that they can have an accident on occasion, and in worse cases, they could have chronic accidents on the carpet. In any case, you now have pet stains and the accompanying odors that are associated with it. Removing the inevitable stains and stubborn odors is what we at Heart of Texas ChemDry would like to share today.
Pet Stain & Odor Removal Tips
There are some things you need to apply to the process and some things you need to avoid during the stain and odor removal process that are listed below.
– During treatment, dyes or print from paper towels, rags, and towels have the ability to be transferred onto carpet, so only use white cleaning cloths.
– Since it will only increase the depth of the stain, avoid rubbing or scrubbing. Begin working on the perimeter and towards the center.
– As it will most likely set in the stain, do not use hot water to treat pet stains.
– To ensure it does not compromise the integrity or color of your carpet, test all cleaners and home remedies in an inconspicuous area.
– To stay away from potential water and mold damage, do not over saturate with cleaning solutions or water.
Pet Stain & Odor Remover Supplies
You will need the following supplies to treat the stains and odors:
– Spray Bottle (optimal) or bowl/bucket
– Sponge or cloth
– 4 Heaping Tablespoons Baking Soda
– 2 Cups Lukewarm Water
– 2 Cups Distilled Vinegar
How Do You Get Rid of Dog Urine Smell & Stains?
1) Take Immediate Action. Between treating a pet stain fresh and one that has had time to set in, there is a dramatic difference. Blot up the excess liquid and solid mess should be picked up with your choice of rag or paper towel (or a series of them). Use an additional dry rag placed on the area with a heavy weight on top of it, allowing it to stand on the weight for a couple minutes after blotting since the more liquid absorbed the better, and the easier the stain and odors will be removed.
2) Create Solution. In a squirt bottle, bucket, or bowl, combine white distilled vinegar and lukewarm water. Since it will fuzz and the mess will need to be contained, add the baking soda slowly. Without over saturation, apply generously and allow it to set for approximately 5 minutes.
3) Remove Excess Moisture. Blot the area well, using a dry cloth or towel.
4) Dry. Allow the area to dry and follow up with a vacuum, place an additional dry towel and weight it down.
Caution: When pet stains dry out, spray lightly with water and generously sprinkle baking soda and allow the baking soda to absorb the liquid; takes 10-30 minutes. Once it has thoroughly dried, vacuum the area.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Because enzymes possess the capability to break down protein stains, pet stains are a protein-based stain and use enzymes to effectively remove the stain and odors. Ensure enzymes are incorporated in the formula if you opt to use a premade carpet cleaner designed for pet stains and odors. Contact Heart of Texas ChemDry today and let our experienced experts take care of the pet stains in your Dallas, Texas if pet stains and odors are proving to be a challenge to remove.