When you have pets in your home that shed, it is almost impossible to completely get rid of the hair that starts to accumulate throughout the house. If you don’t stay on top of it, the problem will continue to get worse and worse. When you have carpet, it can be difficult to keep it cleaned up and off your flooring. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about some tips that can help you remove pet hair from your carpet.
What Picks Up Pet Hair from Carpet Floors?
Following are some of the best ways that you can remove pet hair from the carpet in your home.
– Lint Rollers: Every pet owner should have lint rollers in their home. These littles tools can be especially helpful in removing pet hair not only from your clothes, but from your carpet as well. When the lint roller seems to be full, simply remove the top layer of tape and keep on going.
– Rubber Gloves: The friction that is produced from rubbing your hands on the carpet with rubber gloves on, can be helpful in removing pet hair. After you have rubbed them on the carpet, try getting the gloves wet and then do it again. You will see the hair start to come up right away.
– Fabric Softener: Not only will fabric softener make your clothes soft and fresh, it will also loosen pet hair from your carpet. Mix a small amount with a water bottle full of water. Lightly spray the carpet surface and then let it sit for a few minutes. Your carpet will then be ready to vacuum.
– Rubber Brushes: You can use a common hairbrush to remove pet hair from your carpet or you can get a brush that has rubber bristles. The rubber bristles can effectively remove pet hair because of the static that is produced as you use long and short strokes on the carpet. You can keep brushing until the carpet is cleaned.
– Rubber Squeegee: This can be more helpful than a brush. You can get a rubber squeegee that has a long handle to remove pet hair as well. The rubber will attract the hair like a magnet, and you won’t have to bend over far to get it done.
– Baking Soda: Baking soda is one of those household items that has many different uses. Not only will it help you clean many surfaces, but it can also help you remove pet hair from carpet. Sprinkle it generously on the carpet and then let it sit for several minutes. You will be able to then vacuum it up much easier. Your carpet will get deodorized in the process as well.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Waco, Dallas, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
If you have pet hair that is stubborn and won’t come up, you can turn to Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to help you get rid of it with our professional carpet cleaning services. Call us today!