When you go through the carpet replacement process, you want to make sure that you do everything that you can to make the carpet last as long as possible. Putting carpet in your home is a large investment that nobody wants to do more often than they have to. There are several things that you can do as a homeowner to make sure that your carpet lasts for as long as possible. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to share some tips to help you extend the life of your carpet.
Does Vacuuming Help Carpet Last Longer? What Else?
Following is a list of our best tips to help your carpet last:
– Vacuum Carpet Often: Many homeowners don’t realize what an impact vacuuming often can have on the life of their carpet. Vacuuming helps to remove debris, fine dirt, and dust from the fibers of your carpet. It is important that the vacuum you are using on your carpet is one that is high quality and able to effectively remove the debris from the carpet fibers. It is worth investing in a good vacuum.
– Consider Mats & Rugs: Adding a rug to your space can add significantly to the design in the room. It will not only be a great way to add color, but it will also help to protect your carpet from damage due to foot traffic. You should always have rugs placed at the entrances into your home so that debris can be removed from the bottom of your guest’s shoes.
– Take Off Shoes: Speaking of shoes, consider adding a no shoes policy in your home. There is quite a bit of debris that can be found on the bottom of shoes that come into your home. Removing shoes before entering your home will help your carpet last much longer.
– Don’t Wait to Clean Spills: There are bound to be accidents that happen on your carpet. You shouldn’t wait to clean up any spills of spots as they will continue to soak deeper into the fibers of your carpet and will be harder to clean up later. If you have noticed that a spill or accident has happened, work to clean it up as soon as possible.
– Deep Clean Your Carpet: You should have your carpet deep cleaned by a professional at least once a year to keep it looking, smelling and feeling like new. This will do a lot to extend the life of your carpet as the fine dirt and dust that breaks down your carpet fibers is effectively removed.
Chem-Dry Carpet Cleaning & More in Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson, Crawford & Greater Waco, Texas
If it’s time to have your carpet professionally cleaned, you can turn to the professionals at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to get it done for you. We will leave your carpet looking and smelling like the day that you had it installed. There are no stains that are too tough for us. Call us today!