No matter how careful we try to be, trying to keep our carpets plush and vibrant can be challenging. Spills happen if you are in a rush, balancing a busy day, or for the chronic klutz. Being that milk is a popular beverage or ingredient for adults and children alike, the risk of it making contact with your carpet is fairly high. Though so many may believe that a white substance can’t do much damage, it can. A stain can develop, and worst of all, milk can quickly produce odors in your carpets fibers. Where the stain may not be as obvious as purple or red kool-aid, it can still develop into a stain. Ensuring you rapidly remove the milk spill is essential and can be easily done with household ingredients. With that in mind, we at Heart of Texas Chem-Dry would like to take the opportunity to share a couple of methods on how you can remove the milk from your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Patch Test
Important Note: Whether you opt to use a method below or a carpet cleaner premade and purchased at your department or grocery store, never skip the patch test. Performing the patch test in an inconspicuous area can let you know if a solution will compromise your carpets integrity or color and prevent from have damaged the carpet in plain sight.
1st Method for How to Clean Dried Milk Out of Carpet
1) To sop up the excess moisture, place a clean dry cloth, or paper towels on the spilled milk and blot it up.
2) In a squirt bottle or a bowl/bucket, mix together well, 1 tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and 2 cups of warm water. Dampen a clean cloth with this formula and blot the milk spot with the treated cloth; blot until the milk vanishes.
3) You can follow up with diluted ammonia to finish removing the stain if it becomes difficult with the above solution. Simply mix 1 tablespoon of ammonia with 2 cups of warm water.
4) Blot the spot clean with a cloth that was dampened with the ammonia solution.
5) Be sure to follow up with a water-dampened cloth to rinse the solution’s residue from the surface; no matter which solution was successful.
6) Pat away the remaining moisture with a dry, clean towel.
2nd Method for Spilled Milk on Carpet Removal
1) With paper towels or a clean, dry cloth or towel, promptly blot the excess liquid.
2) Blot the remaining milk residue with a cloth moistened with only water. Until all the milk is sopped up.
3) Moderately sprinkle baking soda (corn starch will also do the trick) over the area that was affected by the milk. For 30 minutes or longer to absorb the moisture and milk, allow the baking soda sit. Vacuum the debris only after the area is completely dry. Any developing odors will also be neutralized with the baking soda.
Professional Carpet Cleaning in Waco, Dallas, Arlington, Harker Heights, Cedar Park, Allen & the State of Texas
Should you not see effective results with any of the above solutions, call Heart of Texas Chem-Dry today to treat your carpets. Not only will we efficiently remove any spots or stains, our experts will extract the dirt and debris and neutralize odors. Contact us today!