It can be difficult to move into a home that a smoker once lived in and you don’t smoke. It often leaves homeowners wanting to do anything they can to get rid of the smell. Luckily, there are some services that can help get rid of this smell. One of them is professional carpet cleaning. Heart of Texas Chem-Dry is here to talk about how carpet cleaning can help you get rid of the smoke smell as well as some other services that you may want to look into.
What Takes Smoke Smell Out of Carpet?
While it can be extremely difficult to completely get rid of the smell of smoke in your carpet on your own, there are some strategies that you can use to try your best. Here are the best options.
– Baking Soda: This is one of those household items that almost everyone has. It can be helpful in cleaning many different surfaces within your home, including your carpet. When you smell smoke, sprinkle a generous amount of this on the carpet and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before you vacuum it up.
– Vinegar: If you still smell smoke after using baking soda, you can try mixing two parts water with one part vinegar and spraying it on the carpet. You shouldn’t attempt to extract this mist out of the carpet but let it dry completely instead. This is a great odor neutralizer as well.
How Hard is it to Get Smoke Smell Out of a House?
While professional carpet cleaning is the best way to get the smoke smell out of your carpet, there are other surfaces that have likely soaked up that odor as well. You have to worry about your walls, hardwood flooring and ceiling as well. You also need to worry about any furniture that is left in the home from previous owners as it can absorb the smell too. Here are some things you can try on your own before you call for professional help.
– Indoor Plants: There are many indoor plants that can help to absorb odors in your home. You can try bringing some into the space and see if that helps.
– Activated Charcoal: Activated charcoal is another substance that is known to absorb bad odors. Leaving bowls of it around the home can be helpful.
– Air Purifier: Get a high quality air purifier that you can leave running around the clock in the house to try and pull out some of the odor.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Axtell, West, Lorena, Bellmead, Woodway, Hewitt, Robinson, Crawford & Greater Waco, Texas
If you have tried everything to get rid of the smell of smoke in your carpet and come up short, you can call on Heart of Texas Chem-Dry to get rid of it for you. We will help you get your home smelling clean and fresh with our professional carpet cleaning services. Call us today!